Monthly Archives: October 2013
We are proud to announce that GEIVEX has been formally constituted as a non-profit organization, and we cordially invite you to become a member of this association intended to promote the study of the extracellular vesicles.
GEIVEX main aims are:
- To promote basic, clinical and translational research in the extracellular vesicles and exosomes (EVs) field
- To promote and diffuse the knowledge and applicability of the study on EVs and to spread the results and advances in innovation and research in the field.
- To contact and advice the governmental and private agencies, research centres, hospitals and biomedical or pharmaceutical companies to potentiate the study and application of EVs to different areas.
- To provide advice and collaborate in international research projects on EVs.
- To promote those forums that aim to the exchange of knowledge in the fields of innovation and research on EVs.
- To boost the collaboration among members and the know-how exchange among research groups, both in private and public and national or international levels.
- To promote the translation of the knowledge on EVs to the Society.
- To defend common interests of researchers in the field of innovation and research on EVs.
To accomplish these goals we will actively:
- Organize and participate in scientific meetings and forums.
- Organize training courses.
- Exchange experiences with other national or international organizations.
- Publish articles or communications that help to the better knowledge and understanding of research on EVs.
- Establish agreements with companies, foundations, public administrations and social agents of national or international level that aim to contribute to the development of research in EVs.
- Provide student´s or researcher´s grants.
- Advice and collaborate in development cooperation programs with a direct or indirect link to our aims.
Join today and start enjoying the advantages of being a GEIVEX member. To start, get first hand information on GEIVEX and Me-HAD COST activities; and special discounts in GEIVEX 2nd symposium in 2014 if you join before 31st December 2013 (fee would be for 2014).
Membership annual fees
Student 25€ (PhD and postdoc up to 10 years after obtaining PhD degree)
Current Geivex Executive Board members:
- President: Francisco Sánchez-Madrid – S. Inmunología, Hospital de la Princesa, Madrid. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vicepresident: Francesc E. Borràs – IVECAT, IGTP, Badalona (Barcelona). email@example.com
- Vicepresident: Juan Manuel Falcón-Pérez – CICbioGUNE, Derio (Bizkaia). firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Antonio Marcilla – Dpto. Biología Celular y Parasitologia, F. Farmacia, Universitat de Valencia. Antonio.Marcilla@uv.es
- Secretary: María Yáñez-Mó – Membrane Microdomains in Immunity Lab., Hospital Santa Cristina, Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria Princesa. Madrid. email@example.com
- María Mittelbrunn – Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares, Madrid. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hernando del Portillo – ICREA Research Professor at the Barcelona Centre for International Health Research (CRESIB), Hospital Clinic, Universitat de Barcelona. email@example.com
FOLLOW US AT @GEIVEX